Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Blogs again

I have reached the end of the online training and am looking over my blogs to see if I qualify for the competition. Have noticed that my first blog did not answer the required questions . Online learning was just a little overwhelming at that time. I struggled at the beginning, but after some valuable advice from a colleague, I persevered - and so glad I did.
It has given me a taste of what tools are available on the web. So now when library patrons come to me and says they are having trouble with blogs, myspace or podcasts, etc I know I have tried it and hopefully I may be able to help them. Previously, I had not a clue as to what they were talking about.
Also at the beginning I laboured over writing blogs, but now, quite like it.
I would be nice, while overseas to write a travel diary for family and friends to read, but I doubt that I'll have access to a computer.